The year 1925 saw the club adopt the red, white & blue jumper of the traditional Footscray design as the official club playing uniform & the team became known as the “Sythers”.
Kilsyth won its first premiership in 1938 defeating Boronia in one of the toughest games ever to be witnessed in the foothills district.Kilsyth was coached by Jack Smith, a very good footballer & a most popular leader.
Once again local football was disbanded from 1942-44 due to The 2nd World War. Local competition resumed in 1945 & the club entered a team in the newly formed Croydon Mail League. History was created in 1946, when the club fielded two senior teams for the first time & in the same season adopted the current red & black jumpers as the club uniform.
The late 1940’s saw a resurgence in power in our senior teams. This success coincided with a change of club logo to the Red Robins & the return of local players from the Armed Services & also the V.F.L. ranks.
Move to Pinks Reserve
During the 1997 season the club moved from its Colchester rd ground to play its first match against Knox at Pinks Reserve. The same outstanding facilities that we enjoy today & belong to you as a club member, supporter or player.
With the exception of a dynamic 2002 Under 14’s team, numerous reserves & veterans premierships initially Kilsyth had limited premiership success at its new home ground. The club made an exciting move in 2005 with the inclusion of an Auskick program, many of these Cougar Cubs have developed in to Kilsyth junior / senior footballers.
In 2013 Kilsyth took another step closer to its goal of fielding a junior team in every age group by fielding an Under 8’s team for the first time.
More recently in 2015, the U11’s scored premiership success following an unbeaten season.